zondag 1 maart 2009

"Ich bin ein berliner"

The legendary words of Kennedy. How could he know that a berliner is a delicacy from Berlin? At least he would have been tasty if he really was "ein berliner". Any way I thought it would be nice to let you guys know something random about Berlin before I'm going to *surprise* Berlin!
(Those Berliners are by the way really tasteful, little bit sweet though)

Tomorrow, actually almost today, we're departing for Berlin. With school we're going for a twelve hour bus ride. Yeah, I'm not kidding. Seriously, twelve hours! I'll let you guys know how I survived that next week.

Our program in Berlin is quite innovative, because the Berlin wall and Charlie checkpoint aren't included in our programme. We do have some time off, so we're still able to visit them. I will certainly try to at least visit the Berlin wall in my free time. I will try to drag some more people with me, but I don't think that will be a problem.


I'm most looking forward to the Berlin underground tour and the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen. I think that especially the visit to the concentration camp will be quite shocking and impressing. I think that you cannot deny this part of Germany and that it's important to give attention to it. I'm glad that Berlin also has another side to show to us. I will make sure to also investigate this modern side of Berlin and make lot's of pictures! I'll update you guys next week after my visit to Berlin.





0 reacties: