maandag 8 juni 2009

Final Blog before the summer

Wow, time flies. It's already the end of June. I've had my last lectures and almost all my exams. I found out this morning that I didn't pass Spanish, so I have to do the re-sit next week. If I pass the re-sit I will get my propedeuse. In the Dutch higher education system you get your propedeuse if you've passed all the exams of the first year(as a sort of first years diploma), and I've almost got mine! It all depends on the Spanish exam, but still I passed all the others so I have to admit that I'm actually quite proud on all the credits I received. I'm especially proud on the project I produced this period together with my project group. We worked hard on it and when we handed it in we were very proud. In the end after the presentation we got a 9,4 for our project! Which is my highest grade this year. It's nice to end the year with a bang.

This year has gone by so quickly, I can't believe it. I've met a lot of interesting new people this year at school. Not only at school but also at my work. Both work and school were fun! Although there were times when work and school weren't the best combination this year. Especially during the exams. For some reasons I always had to work till late when I also had exams. The combination of working till 2 am and having an exam at 9 am is not really successful. But it was certainly not boring.

There were several highlights this year. Berlin, the International Week but also the normal lectures. Berlin was so much fun. It was nice to go abroad with everyone from school. Everyone bonded with each other during that week. We got to know each other even more during the activities. I hope that the next trip will be just as successful as the trip to Berlin. The only problem is that I don't have any money at the moment for a trip because I spend it all on my summer holiday. But that is a minor detail.

These last two periods I spend a lot of time writing these blogs. It was more challenging than I imagined. Especially since my English is still far from perfect. It was challenging to keep on writing about interesting subjects. But I did my best to come up with a variety of interesting subjects.
It's odd to realize that the year is almost over, just one re-sit next week. But this summer is going to be fun as well. I'm leaving for Cambodia the 17th of July. Together with a friend of mine I'm going to travel around Cambodia for a month. We start in Siem Reap and we end in the south at Shianoukville.



I unfortunately have to announce that during this summer I'm going to quit blogging. Maybe I'm going to continue blogging next year and will tell you everything about the journey to Cambodia and maybe not. But this is a nice cliff hanger for you guys to return to my blog maybe next year.

0 reacties: